Thursday, April 14, 2011

Blog time:

                Blog time:
                At the beginning of the year I was asked to start a blog and every week or so place a post. At first, the idea was welcomed; it seemed like an entertaining way to get some writing done. And so I wrote, by the end of the first few months having 4 posts. A few months later 3 more were written. And then I was asked to write 5 more. But it was then that I noticed I had run out of topics to write about. After a mere 12 posts, I had to spend more time thinking of a topic than I did writing it.  
                At this point I truly wish to stop writing posts and instead write in some other form. I hate having to spend up to half an hour attempting to come up with some topic to write about. I wrote about books, movies, breaks, even some short stories and a poem. I will probably continue to write short stories and poems to get the required amount of posts in, but eventually I will have to stop and write a real post, for which I will have no idea on what to write.
                My short stories and poem were, as it turned out, my best posts anyhow. I am in no way a writer who enjoys writing about non-fictional topics. I had more success writing my poem, a tribute to those with no valentine, and my short stories, a fiction about medieval knights and a few hundred words of a dying Jew who defied Nazis.
                If I had to write I would love to simply start a short story or poem, and just write several continuations of that for each post. I was actually offered to do that some months prior, however it had not occurred to me at the time I might run out of topics for posts and thus declined. If given the option again I will very quickly accept and discontinue the blog posts, and instead write stories and poems.

No comments:

Post a Comment