Monday, January 31, 2011

Mockinjay - My View Of It


            In the prior year, I have found the Suzanne Collin’s The Hunger Games was a truly amazing and entertaining book. It was not spectacular, to be looked at as a literary classic, though held higher than most books out at the time. Then came the sequel, Catching Fire, was, yet again, entertaining.  As was commented on the back of the book, Suzanne accomplished something that nowadays is not commonly seen, she improved herself since her first book. And then I read Mockingjay. I advise that everyone who reads this finishes the post, goes to the nearest library, buys the three books, and cancels their day’s plan. Read The Hunger Games and read Catching Fire, but do not read them solely for an entertaining read. No, read them to later read Mockingjay. Collin made a perfect book, with a mix of strong symbolism, characterization, tragedy, love, mystery, and thrill. Every page moved you closer and closer to the edge of your seat. While I will admit that the beginning of the book, like all others, is rather slow. But make sure you pass that checkpoint in the day. I did not, and suffered lack of sleep which came back to bite me in the butt the following morning. The story, the action, the characters: they all keep you itching to find out what occurs next. The story had strong literary devices, it had wonderful characters with beautifully depicted personalities, it had symbols that strong and persistent, the mockingjay and flames to name two. It was exciting, it had a tragedy, relations, and all the essentials in keeping a reader from shutting the book. I will not speak of the actual content, seeing as to how it is the end of a trilogy, and I would ruin the prior books. I will say, however, the world in which the book presents itself is strong, reinforced, and the reader will be emerged into the story. Suzanne Collin’s Mockingjay was a truly spectacular book.

No comments:

Post a Comment